Thursday, March 5, 2009

tp ellen hopkins

dear ellen 
ive read your book crank, and im currently reading your book  sequel to it glass...i think its really amazing you stood behind your family at a time when it seemed so hard i have seen and gone through similar struggles, i think its really beautiful the way you describe every thought your daughters head might have thought, and it is an inspiration to see someone writing about there experience because we all see it but no one ever acknowledges it and to see someone overcomming that obstacle in life is a real push in encouragement to succeed. your book helps me realize certain issues i cannot see in the begining when we have a problem we tend to look at it from inside the box from only one point of view but your book helps me think about other people and how they might feel about any situation, it makes me take a step back from where im complaining and look at the big picture. i think its really amazing to know theyre are people going through some hard stuff but want everyone to know not to loose hope and to not stop trying. i will be reading all of your books in the future and im glad i discovered this one. i had heard about your books in the past but never stumbled upon them until i found one and got hooked on it. 

7 comments:

Ellen Hopkins said...

Thanks so much! I'm glad to have offered some insight and hope you'll love all my books, current and to-come!

Christopher said...

Whos Ellen hopkins?

omgawshh, Nancy (: said...

First off, wow. She actually commented on here! :O ! ! ! ! !! /jealous.

Well, based on what you wrote here, it is interesting how people usually write about their real life. Experiences. Though, I`ll try to read one of her series by her. :o

M. Crabtree said...

I like your transparency, Gaby. Especially in the fact that you share experiences that are shared by the family in the book. Also, it seems like you feel the need to connect to what you read. That's really cool...I hope you continue to look for kernels of truth in your reading that you can apply to various areas of your personal life.

thirsty dion ♥ said...

Hey you ;D
See? I'm so awesome I discovered your author's comment :) LOL, just kdding, even though I really did discover it...
Anyways, I love her books just as much as you do, and I think you will enjoy the other ones that you haven't read yet. She just finihed writing a new novel, "Identical" and it's about sexual child abuse and other stuff.
Her books are suppperrr dupperrr good ;D

Cookie Monster! said...

are her books really that good?
i guess i will read them !
really her book did that to you?

Yili ;] said...

shes my favorite author =[[[

i love how u related ur experiences and thoughts to her books, gaby =]